How To Make Money On Fiverr In Nigeria
If you begin to remember the many times you have seen a screenshot of someone’s earnings made on Fiverr, you will probably also remember how you looked so much at the $500-$1000 earnings and wished so desperately that you were the one earning that much. I can also relate to that feeling. Yes, everyone remembers it. You want to make money from Fiverr in Nigeria too. You want to sit back in the corner of your room to see that “earnings” graph climb up. However, you don’t know how to start. Or you might have even tried it before but without results showing it.
See, starting on Fiverr as a freelancer is simple but getting results is not. Because Fiverr is a global marketplace. Just take a moment and imagine the competition. Irrespective of the insane competition, what if you knew the secret to make a Fiverr your sure hustle? Not to worry, that is what you will learn in this blog post.
Whether you are a newbie just getting started or a beginner who got caught up in the stiff competition on Fiverr, this post is specifically for you. In this blog post, I take you by the hand and walk you through the process of making money on Fiverr Nigeria. I will reveal all the experts’ secrets to earn money on Fiverr.
Just to tease your appetite, I will talk about how to get started on how to make money on fiverr in nigeria, how to create a successful gig, how Fiverr works, top-selling gigs that can guarantee your success, promoting Fiverr gigs and so on.
Let’s cut to the chase.
But before we do, here is a quick glance-through for those who are pressed for time.
Freelancing on Fiverr
What is Freelancing
Simply put, freelancing offers your skills and professionalism to people who need them without being part of their business structure. If you want to get picky about it, you can say it’s simply offering your skills to random people for money.
Fiverr is a world-known and widely-used global marketplace where buyers of products and services come in contact with sellers. The buyers on Fiverr are usually business owners, agencies or individuals who want to outsource extra projects to people beyond their staff list. The sellers are the creatives and the pool of skilled professionals ready to offer their skills and services in exchange for money.
That is it.
I just broke it down. Fiverr is a market with people, real people, buying and selling. The only difference is that on Fiverr digital services are rendered and bought remotely.
Now, imagine a physical market where 1 million people are transacting. That is a huge population, and if you think about it for a while, you will realize that this population has two implications for sellers. Either you can sell an immense amount of your product, or you can become invisible and then get lost in the crowd.
But wait, let me shock you. It is even worse on Fiverr because more than 2.3 million sellers are on the platform.
In the reality of Fiverr, more people are getting lost than the people getting paid.
So, if you’ve been wondering why many people think Fiverr is hard, we are talking about a competitive market of more than 2.3 million people.
How to make money on Fiverr in Nigeria
Fiverr allows anyone from anywhere around the globe to use the platform. So, whether you are from Africa but work in Asia and live in the far end of Australia, you can freelance and make money on Fiverr. As a Nigerian who wants to make money online by freelancing on Fiverr, getting started is fairly simple.
Note: Many people say you must have a particular skill to use the platform. That is not entirely true. And in the middle of this post, I’ll show you how to make money on Fiverr without skills. Read on carefully.
To get started, follow the outline steps.
- Register and create an account (a seller account.)
- Set up your account
- Create your first gig
- Boost your gig
- Keep promoting
- Get the order and start earning.
How to Register on Fiverr
You want to work and earn on Fiverr. First thing, let’s get you registered. To register:
- Go to Fiverr
- Click on become a seller to join and register.
- Sign up with your email
- Verify your email to activate your account (go to your Gmail inbox or spam box, find an email from Fiverr and click on it. Done)
- Account activated
Now you want to set up your profile. By default, Fiverr does not give you a seller account. So you must create it. To do this, find a tab on your screen that says “become a seller.”
Follow the automated steps, and fill in your information as required. Since your profile must be at least 65% complete before you are allowed to proceed into your active seller account, ensure to fill in all details appropriately. Connect your social media accounts if you have them, and also input your phone number and verify. Needful to point out, you should have decided on a niche to focus on for your freelancing journey on Fiverr.
What is next? Create a gig, right?
No. Not yet.
This is where many people get it wrong. They want to quickly rush to create the gig and start making the dollars. But the secret they won’t tell you is that creating the gig is not the most important thing to do. The most important thing is what comes before creating your gigs. Frankly, this is where I think your success or failure depends. Once you get it right, the rest will not be so frustrating.
So, what should you do before creating your first Fiverr gig?
Research! Research! Research!
That is what you should do.
That is what every successful freelancer on Fiverr, and just about anywhere, did and still does to enable them to get the number of gig impressions, clicks, orders, and earnings that you can only dream of.
Alright. What do I mean by research?
Consider the section below stating reasons people are unable to rank and sell their gigs on Fiverr.
Why do people fail to earn on Fiverr
- They don’t know how Fiverr works
- They don’t have a focused niche
- They don’t choose a profitable niche
- They don’t do keywords research
- Many don’t understand the competition in their chosen niches
- Far many freelancers do not know how to create compelling gigs that will draw attention.
From the list above, ask yourself questions about how many frustrated Fiverr freelancers fall into any of the categories. You’ll find out that many fall into multiple categories.
That is the problem. People don’t do research before starting.
Now, you might be thinking, “I’ll need to research all of these.”
Hakuna Matata – No worries. I have done it for you.
In the next section, you’ll learn how Fiverr works, how to pick a niche, what niches to pick, and how to rank your gigs.
How to get jobs on Fiverr
The surest way to get jobs on Fiverr is to, first of all, start by understanding how the platform works.
How Fiverr Works
While Fiverr has been described as a jobs marketplace, it is much more than that in its operation.
You can think of Fiverr as a search engine. A search engine allows you to search for stuff on the internet using what is known as keywords. For example, if you want to know about money making on Youtube, you will go to Google, the world’s most popular search engine, and enter ”how to make money on Youtube.” The keywords are enclosed in the quote. What Google does is this: Google searches through different websites, finds the most relevant answers to the query and brings them to your screen.
Fiverr has a similar and very identical operation.
On Fiverr, some sellers have created gigs for different services. The people who want these services go to the search place and search for the services that they need. Fiverr searches through different categories using the search keywords and brings the most relevant results to the buyer.
The buyer, he/she looks through the results and clicks on the gig description that is best suited to the need at hand. On the other hand, for the seller whose gig shows up, the gig receives an impression. The impression is a metric for how many times a gig has shown up in searches.
Now that you know that Fiverr is essentially a search engine let’s talk about the kind of gigs that will you jobs on Fiverr any day.
Top Selling Gigs on Fiverr 2022
As a beginner, you shouldn’t just start Fiverr without good research on the niche to freelance in. Although the niche often depends on your skills and competencies, there is more to consider.
For example, you must consider the availability of jobs, the volume, the number of sellers, the trends, the competition etc.
There are more than a hundred niches and hundreds more sub-niches to choose from.
Gigs are offers that you create for buyers in a service category.
Starting, knowing about the best niches for Fiverr gigs is first. And, by best, I mean which niches have high demands and selling potential. This ensures that once you start, you start in a market where there are jobs every time.
So, let’s check out the most demanded gigs on Fiverr in 2022 on how to make money on fiverr in nigeria.
10 High Demand Gigs on Fiverr 2022
- Ads Campaign: it’s the age when every digital entrepreneur with a business has realized that advertisements can greatly boost business engagement and skyrocket sales and profit. As a result, business owners are ever-ready to spend to get their businesses in the visible spectrum.
But, because these people are most operating busy schedules or simply lack the know-how, they hire people who have the knowledge to handle their ads campaigns for them.
If you can do this, you might just be sitting on a potential treasure box. And if you can’t, Youtube learning is the way to go any day, any time.
If you’re wondering why this ranks first on my list, it’s because advertisements require tons of money. Statista, a reputable statistics website, published that US advertisers spend $225.79 billion – $262.42 billion in 2020 and 2021, respectively. That’s a lot of money if you ask me.
2. Digital Marketing: Businesses don’t only want to budget high and spend high on acquiring customers. They want to make sure that customers take action and engage with the business. This is where digital marketing comes in. Digital marketing is a tool employed by marketers to entice, engage, convince and make loyal customers out of a potential audience. This is a skill high in demand on Fiverr. And if you should have a compelling gig in this niche, you will earn almost certainly.
3. Logo Design: Logo is an essential part of a business brand. Start-up businesses are increasing. Old companies are rolling out rebranding seasons. They need logos for different purposes. If you can create awesome logo concepts, your broke days are numbered. You will find fortune freelancing on Fiverr [Did you catch the rhyme?]
4. Graphic Design: Many buyers come to Fiverr daily to find sellers who can create good graphics. If you have the skill, you can earn massively with a good gig on this.
5. Virtual Assistant: The virtual assistant, freelance job role has gone through the roof on Fiverr. This is believed to be linked with the Coronavirus and the lockdown. As a virtual assistant, you’re required to handle simple tasks such as organizing, scheduling, sending emails etc. It’s one of the top-selling gigs on Fiverr. Also, it’s one of those freelance niches that doesn’t require any professionalism or skills.
6. Blog Post Writer: There are millions of blogs on the internet, and they all need content. If you can write a blog post and can write it well, there are tons of jobs waiting to be fetched in their hundreds and thousands. I personally know someone who makes an average of $2k/month writing for blogs on Fiverr.
7. Article Writer: Very closely related to blog post writer and just as high in demand. The demand for article writers on Fiverr keeps increasing
8. Social Media Managers: Brands and businesses want an active online presence. Thus, they hire people who can manage their businesses and brands across different social media platforms. If you know how to keep followers engaged. If you know how to grow a social media page, there is a job here for you.
A new trend in this niche is Web3 community managers on Discord and Twitter. This is another niche without any specific skill requirement. Do you want to learn how to build a page or how to manage virtual communities? Head over to Youtube and learn.
9. Video Editing: We all know that videos are taking over the internet at an insane rate. Therefore, the demand for video editing gigs is astronomical. One attractive thing about this is that with video editing applications, you can do the editing completely on your smartphone and charge a high price.
10. Whiteboard Animation: I promise you, this is my favourite. Whiteboard animations are used, for example, for creating explainer videos and even motion graphics. This is in crazy demand, and the competition is not as serious as compared to a skill like copywriting.
How to Create a gig on Fiverr That Will Sell
This part is where you learn how to create Fiverr gigs that will sell.
It’s going to be a wasted effort if your gig never ranks, and as a result, doesn’t earn you money. Therefore, know-how to create successful gigs on Fiverr is an art. And I’ll teach you everything in the bullet list below:
- Go to your seller account on Fiverr and create a gig.
- The gig title is the service you like to render. I advise you choose a gig in one of the niches we have talked about, for example, “Blog Post Writing.”
- You can even niche down on the niche. You can find a sub-niche and create a gig on it. For example, “Pets Blog Post Writing.”
- The title must contain the keywords that buyers will use when searching for sellers.
- Head over to Canva and create a gig image. There are many free templates to choose from.
- The gig image must be attention-grabbing, and it must include a concise description of your gig offer.
- If you’re having a tough time creating a good gig image, just do a quick search on Fiverr in the gig category you have chosen. Look at what successful gigs have on their gig images. Copy the idea.
- After creating and downloading your gig image on Canva, head back to Fiverr.
- Now, write and perfect your title and gig description.
- The gig title and descriptions must be written with the keywords that you’re are targeting [Remember we talked about the importance of keywords under “How Fiverr Works”]
- Finally, enter your search tags. Your search tags are also keywords. They are the keywords that will also be part of what determines if your gig will appear in search results. You want to make sure they are related and relevant to your gig category/sub-category.
- Publish your gig, and yeah, congratulations.
The work is not done yet. There is one more thing. If after you have waited 3-7 days and you still have no orders, now is time to promote your gigs. Check out this article to know how you can promote your Fiverr gigs.
Success Tips on Fiverr
To wrap this up, I’ll give you the success tips that have helped thousands of people on Fiverr including those who have been looking on how to make money on fiverr in nigeria.
- Fiverr is a business, don’t treat it like a hobby if you actually want to be successful on the platform.
Many beginner freelancers handle their Fiverr accounts like it’s a Facebook page and the exception to make orders. It doesn’t quite work that way.
- Don’t skip the research process. Do not skip it.
- Be professional. Set up your profile to create a professional impression. This includes but is not limited to ensuring your profile picture is clean and clear and your profile description is crisp and captivating.
- Use keyword-rich descriptions on your gig
- Learn to communicate in a professional manner
- Under-promise and over-deliver
- Upsell to your clients
- Don’t engage in shady deals on the platform. Otherwise, the algorithm will block your accounts.